UHY Advisors (www.uhy-us.com) today announced the appointment of Mike Duska as Senior Manager. A Master Black Belt-certified management professional with multi-faceted manufacturing and services experience, he will be based in the Atlanta office. Duska will serve UHY clients nationwide through the firm’s Enterprise Optimization offering. He reports to UHY Advisors Principal Cindy Hannafey.
“A Master Black-Belt of Mike Duska’s talent is an incredible addition to UHY’s Atlanta office,” said Hannafey. “As we continue to grow our Enterprise Optimization practice, Mike’s Lean and Six Sigma skills will complement our internal methodologies which continuously deliver successful projects to our clients.”
Duska’s professional experiences and qualifications include:
- Master Black Belt-certified in 2012.
- Responsible for coordinating best practice across all General Electric industrial businesses to improve customer support and material management. Led a team of 60-plus members supporting $8 billion in annual sales and utilization of $2.5 billion in inventory.
- As director of Six Sigma, he led ten action workouts, as well as mentored, trained and supported three Black Belts and 48 Green Belts to drive $100 million in sales growth and improve customer delivery by two points and inventory turns by 0.5 points.
- Drove an engineering system replacement of 42 legacy systems and 4.6 million parts, improving cross-business communication and data usage reducing unit and outage quoting cycle by ten percent and improving field data retrieve by 20 percent. He also led an integration team of engineers, systems, vendors and business users from the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- Duska’s team created 900-plus pages of systems requirements and test cases over two years and successfully executed three rounds of systems testing and data cleansing, while training more than 1,000 users globally to ensure customer needs and quality concerns were addressed.
Prior to joining UHY, Duska worked as a Lean Supply Chain Consultant for Resources Global Professionals. He spent the first 21 years of his career with General Electric in roles of ever-increasing responsibility ranging from shop operations to Six Sigma to materials management to systems implementation.
He received his Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Grove City College, and his Master of Business Administration in Business Administration from Webster University.
Duska lives in the Woodstock neighborhood of Atlanta with his wife, Amy, and their seven children.
About UHY Advisors
UHY Advisors, Inc. delivers professional financial, tax and business consulting services to companies ranging from mid-sized to Fortune 500 in size and complexity. The firm’s innovative Management & Technology Consulting practice provides a one-stop solution for a company’s financial and operational functions, with a full suite of services to transform a company’s performance and profitability. UHY is one of the nation’s largest professional services firms. The firm provides these services through wholly owned subsidiary entities that operate under the name of “UHY Advisors” from offices across the United States. UHY Advisors, Inc. and its subsidiary entities are not licensed CPA firms.
UHY’s Tax practice provides clients with comprehensive tax preparation and planning services. These additional services have been part of the growth of UHY and its commitment to meet the demands of its many clients.
UHY LLP is a full service national accounting firm with international resources and a broad range of services that include SEC audits, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley reporting as well as turnaround and transaction services.
UHY LLP is a licensed independent CPA firm that performs attest services in an alternative practice structure with UHY Advisors, Inc. and its subsidiary entities. UHY LLP and UHY Advisors, Inc. are U.S. members of Urbach Hacker Young International Limited, a UK company, and form part of the international UHY network of legally independent accounting and consulting firms. “UHY” is the brand name for the UHY international network. Any services described herein are provided by UHY LLP and/or UHY Advisors (as the case may be) and not by UHY or any other member firm of UHY. Neither UHY nor any member of UHY has any liability for services provided by other members.
For additional information please visit us on the Web at www.uhy-us.com.