WHAT: Help save lives… Donate blood this Memorial Day Weekend! The American Red Cross will host blood drives at Mall of Georgia and Town Center at Cobb this Memorial Day weekend! Supporters who come out and donate blood will receive a complimentary American Red Cross T-shirt (while supplies last!).
Why get involved? Here are some quick facts, courtesy of the American Red Cross:
· Someone needs blood every two seconds in the U.S.
· Just one pint of blood can save up to three lives!
· Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed in the U.S. every day.
· Type O is the most requested by hospitals.
· Approximately 38 percent of the U.S. population is eligible to donate – yet less than 10 percent actually do!
· The American Red Cross supplies approximately 40% of the nation's blood supply.
WHEN: Town Center at Cobb Mall of Georgia
Friday, May 27 – Monday, May 30 Saturday, May 28 – Monday, May 30
12 – 5 p.m. 12 – 5 p.m.
WHERE: Town Center at Cobb Mall of Georgia
Lower Level Sears Court Upper level near Dick’s Sporting Goods
400 Ernest W Barrett Pkwy 3333 Buford Dr. 30519
HOW: Visit redcrossblood.org to schedule an appointment in advance. Enter the code ‘moga’ for Mall of Georgia or ‘tcac’ for Town Center at Cobb.
For more blood donation facts, visit the American Red Cross online at www.givelife.org